Baldocks Mill is the only remaining mill in the town and is over 200 years old. The Doomsday Book gave Bourne three mills and there has been a mill on this site since 1086.
Bourne Castle was on the other side of Bourne Eau in the area now known as the Well Head Fields. The last family to live in the mill was called Baldock, hence the name Baldocks Mill.
The mill has three floors.
The Ground Floor has a small shop area and beyond this machinery and agricultural implements are displayed and the new Mill wheels can be seen through a large viewing window. Exhibitions on this floor do change.
The Middle Floor displays our permanent exhibition of Raymond Mays the famous racing driver who lived in Bourne all his life. It contains an extensive photographic exhibition of both his early racing career and the story of ERA and BRM racing cars. A number of glass cabinets house some of his cups and other memorabilia.
Also on this floor, in a smaller room, we have information about Charles Frederick Worth the famous Paris designer of perfume and haute couture.
The Top Floor is devoted to local history, different corners showing the local industries that were once in the town, such as the Water Industry and the Railway. Also shown are details of Bourne in wartime and some old domestic items of interest. The Heritage Centre is open at weekends, from 2 pm until 4 pm on Saturdays and Sundays.